ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 will get started from 30th May 2019. While we are all waiting for it, there are a lot of things we can discuss before. Today, we are going to talk about ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Group Format & New Rules which have been incorporated. So without any further delay, let us begin with our major objective.
ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Group Format:
Just like the Cricket World Cup 2002, ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 will be using the round-robin format. If you know about it, let us tell you that in this format, all teams play against each other to reach the semi-finals of a tournament. Since there are a total of 10 teams playing in the event, each team will be playing 9 matches and the top four teams will qualify to the semi-finals of the event.
ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 New Rules:
There are different rules set by ICC for this tournament. Some of the rules are the older ones as far as the matters of the point system and power play are concerned. We are now going to move ahead to discuss the rules both old and new in ICC Cricket World Cup 2019:
- On winning the match, the victorious team will be awarded 2 points.
- On drawing the match, both teams will be getting 1-point each.
- D/L method in case of bad weather and lighting will be applicable.
- There will be two batting power play and one for bowlers.
- A total of 48 matches will be played among 10 participants.
- The number of teams has been reduced from 14 to 10 for this World Cup.
- The round-robin and knockout rules will be applied in this tournament.
So this was everything you need to know about ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Group Format & Rules. For more Cricket World Cup 2019 updates, live score, and streaming keep visiting our website.